1. Using felt, cut out three green or light blue or green “eyes” and one black or grey “mouth.” These are easy designs to cut out freehand, or use this template as a guide.
Cut out the pieces for teeth and pupils and lightly tack them on their eyes and mouth, before placing them on the hat. Colorwise, the teeth and eyes are the same, and the pupils and mouth are the same.
2. Attach these with similar-colored thread onto a plain turquoise skull cap. These caps can be found inexpensively at craft stores, sporting goods stores and other retailers.
3. For the necklace, roll three small cones (tapered, rolled pieces) out of day-glo or similar-colored green polymer clay. Make one cone slightly smaller than the other two. Mold these together at their thickest end, and smooth out the crevices, so it resembles a little green squid-like creature. Cut the top end off, so it is flat across, and place a small eyepin in the center. Bake the clay, as directed on the package.
4. Once the clay has cooled, use a toothpick and craft paint or felt tip marker, to dab two little dark green dots on the two outside “tentacles.” In the center of the pendant, dab a circle of white paint and let it dry. Over the circle, dab a smaller bit of red, so it resembles an “eye.” Once the red is dry use a tooth pick and black paint or a felt tip pen to give it an easy, black “pupil.”
5. String the pendant on simple black satin or hemp cord.